The Association of Imathia's Agricultural Cooperatives (ASIAC) is the initiative of eight (8) of the largest Agricultural Cooperatives (Producers Organizations) to join forces and present themselves in the market as one.
The Cooperatives, as well as the Association, are all located in the Prefecture of Imathia, Region of Central Macedonia, Northern Greece, an area with a rich tradition in the cultivation and processing of Fruits.
The core production of the Association is Peaches (Table and Industrial), which in 2016 accounted for about 30% of the Total Production of Peaches in Greece (Greece is the third biggest producer of Table Peaches in EU and the first in Industrial Peaches).
Apart from Peaches, the Association is also a producer of Nectarines, Apricots, Cherries, Apples, Strawberries, Citrus, Pears, Kiwis, Plums, Quinces, Greengages Plums, Lotus and Pomegranates.
The capacity that is built through such an effort upgrades the Association to one of major player in the International Fruit Market:
- 4.770 Growers of Fruits
- 88.500 acres of Cultivating Land
- 4.796.179 Fruit Trees
- 174.114.532 kg of Fruit Production in the year of 2016
- 10 Processing Facilities (processing, sorting and packaging) for Fresh Fruits
- 14 Processing Lines (processing, sorting and packaging) for Fresh Fruits
- 63.000 kg/h Processing Capability (processing, sorting and packaging)
- 96.000 sq.m. of Total Sheltered Area of the Processing Facilities
- 28.440 sq.m. of Total Cooling Storage Area
- 29.150.000 kg of Total Cooling Storage Capacity
- 143.615.934 kg of Fresh Fruits exported in 2016 (average 83% of the Total Quantity of Fruits produced)
- 86.169.560 € the value of Exports in 2016
The Association through its member is supplying directly the International Market of Fresh Fruits and indirectly (mainly through the two factories owned by its members) the International Market of Canned Fruits and Juice.
Among the Exporting Countries is Germany, UK, France, Denmark, Netherlands, Romania, Bulgaria, Poland, Ukraine, Belarus, Saudi Arabia, U.A.E., Jordan, Israel, Egypt etc.